THE ELEMENTS IN ASTROLOGY
The ELEMENTS are a foundational aspect of Astrology
You may have seen Astrologers grouping certain zodiac signs together.
This can either be through elements - which is based on personality and temperament.
For example -
Earth signs are Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo
Air signs are Gemini, Libra and Aquarius
Water signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces
Fire signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
Then within each of those elements, you are categorised into "modalities" - which is the way in which that element interactions with the world around them.
Cardinal - Aries (fire), Cancer (water), Libra (air), Capricorn (earth) *Referred to as Initiator in my work
Fixed - Taurus (earth), Leo (fire), Scorpio (water), Aquarius (air) *Referred to as Sustainer in my work
Mutable - Gemini (air), Virgo (earth), Pisces (water), Sagittarius (fire) *Referred to as Transitioning in my work
Here is a step by step guide to discover the elements in your chart.
1. Go too www.astro.com
2. Top right corner in small AF writing it says "my astro". Click that. Then you'll set up an email login (trust me it's worth it - it'll save your chart and all your loved ones for future reference)
3. Click the blue box "add new astro data"
4. Fill out your deets. (You'll need all the correct details in this box)
5. Click on your chart. If you can't find it, it looks like this little button
6. Here is your beautiful chart! Now, you want to look at the little box with the colour-coded symbols in it. This shows you the elements and the modalities.
7. There are some small technicalities with removing the "MC, AC" and a couple of others which aren't planets, but for ease, let's leave them. They still influence you elementally for sure. You'll see on my graph here, I'm EARTH AF. You will notice 1 or two slightly more dominant elements which are where your gifts lie, or if you're more balanced - You'll have the freedom to play a lot in learning all the elements and also working with the Spiritess element.
F (IN RED) = FIRESS
A (YELLOW) = AIRESS
E (GREEN) = EARTHESS
W (BLUE) = WATERESS
There are no fixed rules on who you archetypally 'should be' - this is simply an understanding on your natural disposition, and great foundation to work from - especially if you are only just embarking on your awakening journey.
I cannot stress enough that...
WE ARE ALL THE ELEMENTS, ALL THE TIME. WE ARE ALL THE ZODIAC ARCHETYPES, TOGETHER.
You are not one-sided. However, I have found this incredibly useful when trying to further understand myself, and the people in my world. And to accepting myself completely.
I have attracted people who are dominant in the elements I am lacking in. My son is water dominant, lovers and best friends have been fire or air dominant.
I believe if we are gifted a significant elemental dominance, then our dharma in this lifetime is to do with mastering it here this lifetime.
Exploring it's full spectrum of magic.
This is your gift to share with the world.